We have collated all the figures that the SIA published in 2022 and put them together in one interesting infographic, we have also included data from our ground breaking 2022 state of the industry survey and our 2021 violence in the security industry survey, you can compare this years stats with that of last years here,
Since April 2019 the SIA have released monthly figures about licence holders, contractors approved by the SIA and applications to the SIA. These are released monthly so that gives us a really good picture of the job that the SIA are doing and the health of the security industry.
Key points that you should take from this are:
- The number of females with SIA licencees have increased.
- The number of new SIA licences increased by 8.4%.
- SIA licence renewals decreased by 23.9%.
- 79.4% of those that payed and completed a course, went on to pay for their licence.
- 26.7% f licence holders are in London.
- The average age of someone in the industry is 25.
- There was a 16% increase of suspended licences.
- There was a 34% increase of revoked licences.