sorry still fuming..

Door Supervisor Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Re: sorry still fuming..

Postby Firebird_2 » 20 Feb 2012, 12:22

superstacker wrote:Sometimes it's not about the questions you are asked, it's how confident you are at answering it ;)

That rings true.
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Postby noise stopper » 20 Feb 2012, 19:53

Ever asked a group of punters where they have been during the night, then used their response to judge whether they come in? Same thing if I judge right, he wants to know if you are remotely clued up, and if not why are you there.
It takes more than good intentions and a big bloke on the door.
noise stopper
The Guvnor

Postby parajack » 20 Feb 2012, 23:26

:shock: As i said WAY too much defensive posting here...the old bill can ask whatever the fcuk he likes,when he likes,to WHO he likes.....end of.....all this why is he asking this/that and the other and other self rightous stuff might sound good but means fcuk all...

he has the power the ds has none none and has to answer reasonable Q posed,provide his licence details(so the copper for example can check that he is properly licenced,is in fact the licence holder,and not using someone elses badge,or s 'ringer' or out of date.....etc etc need i go on?

doesnt matter why he is asking Q he is a copper,thats what they do,personally i dont like coppers but some have looked after me...some havnt... :roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Postby lincsdoorman » 21 Feb 2012, 09:48

Reading between the lines......

I think that the copper may have only just started working your area otherwise he would of known what other venues your company does.
Also it might be a stipulation on the license that the venue can only use doorstaff with first aid certs etc etc for whatever reason.

My main concern is that your allowing the venue and the company you work for take the pi$$ by working a one man door, particularly as it has 3 entrances/exits..
wheres your backup? How long would it take them to get there? Have you got a radiolink?
How do you monitor the toilets for drugs etc?
Random searches?
Have exact customer headcounts for the fire regs?
Cover the doors when you need a pi$$?

Is it possible for a underage punter to get into the venue via the backdoor whilst your at the front?

Also your putting at least 2 other DS out of work by doing it in the first place

Theres no wonder that the industry is fooked when relatively newbie doorstaff don't have a clue whats going on around them..
Give me fake I.D and i'll take your dinner money off you...

www.workingthedoors.co.uk
lincsdoorman
The Guvnor

Postby Tsunami » 21 Feb 2012, 13:49

lincsdoorman wrote:Reading between the lines......

I think that the copper may have only just started working your area otherwise he would of known what other venues your company does.
Also it might be a stipulation on the license that the venue can only use doorstaff with first aid certs etc etc for whatever reason.

My main concern is that your allowing the venue and the company you work for take the pi$$ by working a one man door, particularly as it has 3 entrances/exits..
wheres your backup? How long would it take them to get there? Have you got a radiolink?
How do you monitor the toilets for drugs etc?
Random searches?
Have exact customer headcounts for the fire regs?
Cover the doors when you need a pi$$?

Is it possible for a underage punter to get into the venue via the backdoor whilst your at the front?

Also your putting at least 2 other DS out of work by doing it in the first place

Theres no wonder that the industry is fooked when relatively newbie doorstaff don't have a clue whats going on around them..

Well apparently, they cant afford 2 ds as moneys tight, venues decision, backup - good question 5 minute walk away, no radio for pubwatch once again because it costs money, pathetic i know and im pressing for this to go ahead. Toilets are checked by myself regulary, dont bother with searches unless i have suspicions about whoever, if i need a piss then i fill a bottle at the door :lol: , you may think i dont have a clue whats going on around me but i must be doing something right as 3 other ds were not welcome back and ive been specificly asked if i can stay. Btw its not a chavvy style pub, mostly students and country folk a far cry from my last venue
Tsunami
WTD Recruit

Postby Firebird_2 » 21 Feb 2012, 14:36

Tsunami wrote:
Well apparently, they cant afford 2 ds as moneys tight, venues decision, backup - good question 5 minute walk away, no radio for pubwatch once again because it costs money, pathetic i know and im pressing for this to go ahead. Toilets are checked by myself regulary, dont bother with searches unless i have suspicions about whoever, if i need a piss then i fill a bottle at the door :lol: , you may think i dont have a clue whats going on around me but i must be doing something right as 3 other ds were not welcome back and ive been specificly asked if i can stay. Btw its not a chavvy style pub, mostly students and country folk a far cry from my last venue

My emboldened points :

If money's tight and you can't afford the basic safety systems, what else are you cutting back on? Are your door staff 100% insured for all elements of their job?
If you're suspicious about them and you search them, fair play to you... until they nip down the side alley and bring in the same sh1t they were going to through the front anyway.
You are doing something right - you're letting the venue cut corners, and if your'e agency, you're letting your agency undercut a professional service.
It only takes one student to have tapped up farmer Bob's wife, and all of a sudden, you've got a riot with several hard-core country folk getting involved, with just one little set of lonely eyes in the middle.

Times are hard, and I accept that, but it's a dangerous position to put yourself in - although the risk assessment might be low risk, it's still a risk.

As for the copper, what sort of town is it - you have me thinking of somewhere like Chester, crossed with Deliverance :lol: As has been said, keep them on side - don't let them get the better of you, and next time: know the answers.
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Previous

Return to Door Supervisors