Bouncer Spray

Door Supervisor Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Bouncer Spray

Postby doormedic » 07 Feb 2012, 10:33

Not sure if this has been covered before, I used the search engine and could only find the "Students warned not to use" post.

One of my colleagues carries this in his pocket with the data sheet that says its legal.

Looking on Police forums some of them have said they would arrest under section 5 if they saw a ds use it.

I emailed the met police and they said you can carry it but it must only be used in line with "Reasonable Force" side of self defence and you may end up in trouble if misused etc...

Does anyone else carry or has anyone else used this before?

My Colleague gave me a can but I dont want to start walking round with it if its useless lol.

Its the one purchased from Niton
doormedic

Re: Bouncer Spray

Postby Harry Hess » 07 Feb 2012, 12:41

doormedic wrote:Not sure if this has been covered before, I used the search engine and could only find the "Students warned not to use" post.

One of my colleagues carries this in his pocket with the data sheet that says its legal.

Looking on Police forums some of them have said they would arrest under section 5 if they saw a ds use it.

I emailed the met police and they said you can carry it but it must only be used in line with "Reasonable Force" side of self defence and you may end up in trouble if misused etc...

Does anyone else carry or has anyone else used this before?

My Colleague gave me a can but I dont want to start walking round with it if its useless lol.

Its the one purchased from Niton

I would be interested in this
Harry Hess
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby ESM Ltd » 07 Feb 2012, 12:49

Bouncer spray ? what type
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby outofmind12 » 07 Feb 2012, 12:57

Evo Training wrote:Bouncer spray ? what type

Right Guard always works for me. Lynx if I am out for a bit.
outofmind12
WTD Recruit

Postby doormedic » 07 Feb 2012, 13:56

Evo Training wrote:Bouncer spray ? what type

http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ ... CP018.html
doormedic

Postby Mojo » 07 Feb 2012, 15:56

I've just entered your subject title into the search on here and got at least 8 pages showing, must of been a glitch when you did your search :P
I used to carry Stoppa red depending on job 8)
It's a job not an ego boost!
Mojo
The Guvnor

Postby Firebird_2 » 07 Feb 2012, 16:03

I used to use Stoppa Red. I'll be replacing it with the Niton equivalent for this summer's season.
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Postby Harry Hess » 07 Feb 2012, 16:15

Do you all use the ones WITHOUT Mace the illegal ingredient so that it doesn't constitute as a firearm? And for those of you that have used it what view have the clun managers/police taken of it??
Harry Hess
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby dave_hedgehog » 07 Feb 2012, 19:31

There are a limited number of offender ID sprays which can be used to mark or distract a subject which are legal. If it's not a brand name I've heard of, written in English on the label and clearly marked as non toxic, non irritant etc I'd be looking at section 5 firearms act.

I've taken a couple of sprays off local criminals which are from France, Germany and Turkey which contain CS, CN, OC, Mace and other irritants or riot control agents.
Opinions are like lottery tickets, most of them are worthless.
dave_hedgehog
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby bigboyblue » 07 Feb 2012, 20:48

For those changing to the niton spray - just be aware, that their new one has a paper label on it, which is a bit of a pain if you are using a peter jones holster - as it rips the label when you put in the can.

No worries if you only do it once, but repeated removal will rip off the label, and then you might have issues if the police can't read what your can is !!!!!!
bigboyblue
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby noise stopper » 07 Feb 2012, 21:01

bigboyblue wrote:For those changing to the niton spray - just be aware, that their new one has a paper label on it, which is a bit of a pain if you are using a peter jones holster - as it rips the label when you put in the can.

No worries if you only do it once, but repeated removal will rip off the label, and then you might have issues if the police can't read what your can is !!!!!!

But it's never knowingly under used!
http://www.adporta.co.uk
It takes more than good intentions and a big bloke on the door.
noise stopper
The Guvnor

Postby Firebird_2 » 10 Feb 2012, 01:26

bigboyblue wrote:For those changing to the niton spray - just be aware, that their new one has a paper label on it, which is a bit of a pain if you are using a peter jones holster - as it rips the label when you put in the can.

Have you fed that back to Niton's R&D team? It's the sort of thing they'd normally look at and act on.

Stoppa-Red had a paper label iirc.. just happened to be black.
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Postby Big Paul » 28 Feb 2012, 16:50

I always carry Stoppa on the doors, never had to use it yeat though. I found a site doing it for around a tenner.

Tis better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt.
Big Paul

Return to Door Supervisors