CV Harvesting

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

CV Harvesting

Postby maddog45 » 09 Jan 2012, 09:47

Does anyone else find it bloody annoying when certain companies continually ask for c.v's when they have no work or vacancies? Perhaps these people should be named and shamed? :mrgreen:
maddog45
WTD Rookie

Re: CV Harvesting

Postby Kingb » 09 Jan 2012, 09:59

Maddog, please do.

Is it a certian person/company in partcular?
You want the truth??? You cant handle the truth!!
Kingb
The Guvnor

Postby maddog45 » 09 Jan 2012, 10:07

It's more than one company,there seems to be all kind of outfits appearing at the moment.
maddog45
WTD Rookie

Postby hippy » 09 Jan 2012, 11:25

It is a tad annoying. Its gone on so long now though I find myself almost accepting it.. And I shouldnt find myself in that position!
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby CharlieOne » 09 Jan 2012, 13:42

name and shame tbh, people could be losing contracts to these subx5 companies who have no staff just a fist full of cv's hoping to get a contract

pretty much a standard gripe now days, same as sending out your cv then filling in a 10 page application form + 10 photocopies of various documents and passport photos AND then an interview to find out the firm are a bunch of absolute cowboys after a few shifts!

do your homework before you send cv's out! once bitten twice shy!

good luck! =0)

c1
"Training is learning the rules, experience is learning the exceptions."
CharlieOne
WTD Recruit

Postby airborne_badger » 09 Jan 2012, 14:06

Depends on what you mean by CV harvesting. Most decent companies have lots of CVs on file for 'emergencies'. There is a fine line between planning for fast ball jobs and CV harvesting.

CharlieOne, if your CV is that impressive that companies can win contracts on the back of it, then I doubt you would need to send it out speculatively.

You only need to look at the desperation on places like Close Protection World to see how easy it is to get hold of CVs. Blokes are there own worst enemy.
airborne_badger
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby CharlieOne » 09 Jan 2012, 22:44

"CharlieOne, if your CV is that impressive that companies can win contracts on the back of it, then I doubt you would need to send it out speculatively."

... they harvest the cv's then go on and tender for work claiming they can supply "X amount" of bodies based on the number of cv's they have ... dont worry airborne_badger, if any of these complex concepts confuse you then feel free to drop me a pm and il happily explain them.

the majority of recruitment agencies also do the same, feel free to call one, or alternatively you could use google ...

theres a whole host of information out there.

it also seems that everyone knew what he meant by cv harvesting apart from you ...

c1
"Training is learning the rules, experience is learning the exceptions."
CharlieOne
WTD Recruit

Postby Mattsmith1990 » 10 Jan 2012, 01:39

Wonder if this is about the same person a few people who are members on here were talking about on facebook the other day.
Dirt cheap supps
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
Use the code MP289315 when signing up and ordering.
Mattsmith1990
The Guvnor

Postby airborne_badger » 10 Jan 2012, 06:38

Bit touchy their C1?I am more than aware of what CV harvesting is, but as I pointed out in my 1st post there is a fine line between planning for a job that might come off and CV harvesting.

For instance, Security Company 1 gets down to the last 3 companies on a competitive tender to provide RST and Mobile Protection to a high net worth family for a couple of months during the summer, the flash to bang time on this job is a matter of days. Therefore is it CV harvesting to put out job adverts or simply prior planning?

It is not hard to get hold of blokes CV, create a hotmail or gmail account and then put an advert up (for free) on websites like CP World, the large number you get back demonstrates:

a.How easy it is to CV harvest
b. How desperate blokes are for work
c. That getting any number of CP blokes is not tricky (getting quality CP guys is a different matter)

Whilst these situation continue to occur then I don't really see the issue. You can't expect to get a job off every CV you send out.
airborne_badger
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby hippy » 10 Jan 2012, 08:43

airborne_badger wrote:c. That getting any number of CP blokes is not tricky (getting quality CP guys is a different matter)

I hear you brother! (should be read out loud in your best Hulk Hogan voice)
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby maddog45 » 10 Jan 2012, 11:11

Mattsmith1990 wrote:Wonder if this is about the same person a few people who are members on here were talking about on facebook the other day.

One of them is Matt lol :lol:
maddog45
WTD Rookie

Postby maddog45 » 10 Jan 2012, 11:14

CharlieOne wrote:name and shame tbh, people could be losing contracts to these subx5 companies who have no staff just a fist full of cv's hoping to get a contract

pretty much a standard gripe now days, same as sending out your cv then filling in a 10 page application form + 10 photocopies of various documents and passport photos AND then an interview to find out the firm are a bunch of absolute cowboys after a few shifts!

do your homework before you send cv's out! once bitten twice shy!

good luck! =0)

c1

Couldnt agree more :mrgreen:
maddog45
WTD Rookie

Postby Kingb » 12 Jan 2012, 21:31

Maddog, can you drop me a PM with the name of this company, so I can be sure? And also your FB name, cus I think I might have ya......
You want the truth??? You cant handle the truth!!
Kingb
The Guvnor

Postby Mattsmith1990 » 12 Jan 2012, 21:35

Kingb wrote:Maddog, can you drop me a PM with the name of this company, so I can be sure? And also your FB name, cus I think I might have ya......

Also wondering if its the same person.
Dirt cheap supps
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
Use the code MP289315 when signing up and ordering.
Mattsmith1990
The Guvnor

Postby Firebird_2 » 13 Jan 2012, 16:57

Give it a rest! Concentrate a bit more on you than on someone you've agreed you're never going to work for again, and he the same of you - gets a bit tiresome reading.. let it go!
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Return to Security Related Discussion