ds rate lower or equal to NMW?

Door Supervisor Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

ds rate lower or equal to NMW?

Postby parajack » 08 Dec 2011, 18:18

:shock: Well....do the math...looking at recent examples of pay rates on JC+ sites from National providers rates from £7 to 8 quid PAYE,plus DEDUCTIONS,with no PAYE benefits.holiday pay,pension,sick pay,No free ppe or work cloths,and having to bear the cost of training and licencing yourself....

The job now in my view is pretty much heading towards being a NMW industry...

NMW is £6-20 now per hour....but barstaff for example recieving that would get all of the above,plus tips,plus in any cases free staff( or susdised) transport home.free training(usually NVQ)

compare that to ds rates and lack of PAYE benefits,

There just appears to e no end to the depths that this job can sink....

whos to blame? well.....what rate are you on? who ispaying for emplyers PLI on here? who is accepting these rates?
who is accepting deductions?
Who on the forum can post and say they refuse to pay them? YES i know,the same old names will appear....

I am more interested in those who DONT post......because they are the silent majority who in my opinion .together with the Employers and clients dragging the industry into the ground.......

even on a SE beasis,at 7 or 8 quid(and look at the rates now,heading south fast) will only equal in real terms NMW when you allow for the costs of working and holidays etc..... :roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Re: ds rate lower or equal to NMW?

Postby ballantyne78 » 08 Dec 2011, 20:39

I think I've answered this elsewhere but I'm most definitely not on NMW, nowhere near. No deductions, no PLI, nothing. In house, with plenty of perks. All in all I'm a very happy bunny...
We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!
ballantyne78
The Guvnor

Postby Mike123 » 08 Dec 2011, 21:11

Too many security companies popping up from left, right and center and all under cutting each other to get work is the main reason for this.

Some people may also blame all the free DS courses and badges offered by Job Centre's and other Government funded organisations, which has led to there being too many people with SIA licenses out there but not enough work for these people. The ones who do manage to get work without much experience will be paid something similar to the £7-£8 as OP mentioned. Most experienced guys would laugh and walk away if they were offered £7 per hour for door work, but these guys just want to get there foot on the ladder, so they are willing to work for these sort of rates.
Mike123
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby Maiday » 08 Dec 2011, 21:37

Ive made things very comfy for myself with the company I am working for, on PAYE but don't earn enough to worry about tax, no pli cost, if im working outside of cycling distance the area manager picks me up and takes me home, and in some cases takes me there as well. Got to buy my own shirts but £5 from primarks no big deal, wage depends on the venue I work (either 9.50 or 10/ hour) things are going ok and I've only been with them a short while, young lads shouldn't be bullied by their bosses.

On another note I would flat out refuse to work for a company of they was making me pay pli etc etc
Maiday
WTD Recruit

Postby syko » 09 Dec 2011, 04:28

Maiday wrote:Ive made things very comfy for myself with the company I am working for, on PAYE but don't earn enough to worry about tax, no pli cost, if im working outside of cycling distance the area manager picks me up and takes me home, and in some cases takes me there as well. Got to buy my own shirts but £5 from primarks no big deal, wage depends on the venue I work (either 9.50 or 10/ hour) things are going ok and I've only been with them a short while, young lads shouldn't be bullied by their bosses.

On another note I would flat out refuse to work for a company of they was making me pay pli etc etc

£5 from primark???? flash tw4t lol, ill stick to asda's £3 specials hahaha :lol:
Always
Be
Cool
Dont
Entertain
Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
syko
The Guvnor

Postby Glasgowbuddha » 09 Dec 2011, 09:09

I retired from the doors 4 years ago when I was given a DS to work and "train".

Guys was on NMW which was £5 odds then............

Just got an offermyself from a guy I work beside in my day job..........He and a mate have broke away and formed their own company.......

Received a cracking Private Club in City Centre.......So I'm considerin dumping my HD position in Palookaville for this one......

£25 per hour...........uniform supplied..........as is any other out of pocket expenses.

As its a Private Members Club I would be looking after a number of Local Celebs etc...........None of the usual scum......
One instant is eternity;
eternity is the now.
When you see through this one instant,
you see through the one who sees.
Glasgowbuddha
WTD Recruit

Postby ballantyne78 » 09 Dec 2011, 10:01

I think I'd rather deal with the scum than some "Celebs"!!!

Still the £25 an hour and perks sound like a winning idea!
We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!
ballantyne78
The Guvnor

Return to Door Supervisors