Security guards working in Nat West branches ?

Security Guarding Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Re: Security guards working in Nat West branches ?

Postby karlbee » 16 Nov 2011, 11:17

unless they are thinking the same as me and have them in plain clothes
Any fool can make money,a clever man knows how to keep it. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.
karlbee

Postby AndyOnTheDoors » 16 Nov 2011, 12:23

Mitie now issue DS badges as standard practice to all new opperational staff as it gives them more flexability and alot of clients request it as part of the tender process. There is an M&S in the same row as the Nat West and the guards there are SG licenced ( good bunch of lads )they also work for Mitie but its only become recent that they issue DS instead of SG and they have been there a few years so missed out, Mitie wont change this unless M&S request it across the board in all stores and this will increase the cost of the contract.
AndyOnTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Postby danny56o » 16 Nov 2011, 14:38

Iam on a 0 hours contract with mitie only recently tuped over dont do alot for them only when the film industry is quite. But i found they issue as standard from talking to the mitie employees that have been there for a while
Adapt and overcome
danny56o
The Guvnor

Postby Baggy » 16 Nov 2011, 22:51

Why don't you politely ask him? He would know more any of us lot :P
Baggy
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby AndyOnTheDoors » 17 Nov 2011, 09:40

I think I will ask him as he has just appeared to unlock the branch.
AndyOnTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Postby Enigma » 17 Nov 2011, 12:01

Regarding bank security, most banks do have security when either protesters or any civil unrest is possible.

I work for a team that does this for a couple of banks. The role is to secure the bank from possible infiltration and to gather evidence. Mostly in plain clothes and most are CP guys although not always. To call them JFs is unfair as the people I work with are professional and well skilled, some of whom also have some nice CP jobs direct with families that do this in the quiet periods. Some companies have guys with badges displayed, some prefer a more covert approach.

Most of the time it is more paranoia than threat but I have seen a situation unfold within seconds as protesters are organised and now often have a media person recording the proceedings trying to catch any indiscretion from security personnel or police.

The other banks in the area certainly do have security at the moment as I just got a call for that area today but I am busy with another task right now.

Give these guys a break and don't jump to conclusions that they are JF's because they are probably not.
Enigma
WTD Recruit

Postby AndyOnTheDoors » 17 Nov 2011, 12:51

How do they get away with being plain clothes as SIA licences have to be on display and clearly visible. Will take a walk later and see if I can spot some undercover security in action.

(Please note 1st post edited as not to offend)
AndyOnTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Postby Enigma » 17 Nov 2011, 14:12

If CP badged and would compromise the job then a badge does not need to be visible. Often these jobs are tasked under surveillance so no badge needs to be displayed as not under licensable activity.

No one is getting away with anything, this type of work is not anything to do with static guarding or door supervision. If you are plain clothes you are not there for a deterrent, you are there to gather evidence and to mitigate risk from a possible threat. No point being in plain clothes and wearing your licence in view is there!

P.S. Don't ping the plain clothes guys, let them get on with their job.
Enigma
WTD Recruit

Postby AndyOnTheDoors » 17 Nov 2011, 15:09

I wasnt going to go and speak to them just observe !

A friend of mine is a plain clothes store detective, he has commented to me that it can be abit frustrating waiting around but has lots of interesting stories to tell :shock:
AndyOnTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Postby danny56o » 17 Nov 2011, 17:35

AndyOnTheDoors wrote:I wasnt going to go and speak to them just observe !

A friend of mine is a plain clothes store detective, he has commented to me that it can be abit frustrating waiting around but has lots of interesting stories to tell :shock:
The same principles would apply to your friend then about not displaying his license as enigma has said be a bit pointless being undercover then wearing the badge in full view of everyone. I used to get more bored than frustrated when i was a store tec especially on days when it was slow on the thieving front :lol:
Adapt and overcome
danny56o
The Guvnor

Postby AndyOnTheDoors » 17 Nov 2011, 17:48

Yeah makes sense, never done retail so wasnt sure how the rules are applied.
AndyOnTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Postby Firebird_2 » 30 Nov 2011, 20:18

I'm on a plain clothes job at the moment in retail, if anyone asks, I'm a store detective, but the reality is, it's a prestigious client and they want their customers to be as at ease as possible, and security to be as covert as possible whilst still being a presence. it's not uncommon in the middle/high ground to be covert.

Should edit : I mean as covert as possible.. for those of you that've met me, you'll know I "look like security" - I do my best to blend :lol:
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Postby noise stopper » 01 Dec 2011, 07:12

Firebird_2 wrote:I'm on a plain clothes job at the moment in retail, if anyone asks, I'm a store detective, but the reality is, it's a prestigious client and they want their customers to be as at ease as possible, and security to be as covert as possible whilst still being a presence. it's not uncommon in the middle/high ground to be covert.

Should edit : I mean as covert as possible.. for those of you that've met me, you'll know I "look like security" - I do my best to blend :lol:

The DPM 3 piece is working well then? :lol:
It takes more than good intentions and a big bloke on the door.
noise stopper
The Guvnor

Previous

Return to Security Guarding