Cheapest place to get SIA

Door Supervisor Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Re: Cheapest place to get SIA

Postby ESM Ltd » 02 Nov 2011, 20:09

If you putting nearly 500 candidates a month through u going to get complaints im afraid
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby smurf » 02 Nov 2011, 21:15

Evo Training wrote:If you putting nearly 500 candidates a month through u going to get complaints im afraid

And they will probably accept the level of complaints. To be fair how many guys looking to do the training would look on here beforehand and see the horror stories? I didn't.
Luckily I was trained by a guy who runs security in bradford (well so he told us) and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Giving us lots of scenarios and solutions that were outside the course structure.
I suppose a lot of it comes down to how much pride the trainer takes in his job and his conscience if he is sending guys into dangerous situations ill equiped.
I really do think there is a need (like the driving test) for some sort of training, either before or after the SIA, on the door. You are correct this shouldn't just be how to fight or about puting your hands up and saying no!
Before I started working with the guys I do I would have gladly paid for that extra training, experience.
You guys have so much to teach the new DS, regardless of size, age etc. I can thnk of one great white who I would love to see put his experience into showing us guys the ropes rather than telling us how bad it all is today!
I love to tell the guys in my day job " I taught you everything you know, but I didn't teach you everything I know" being on here and entering this new career (fair enough it's pocket money and a time filler) makes me realise how much of prikc that statement makes me.
If we have, skills, knowledge, experience lets share it, pass it on and hope that it saves at least one of us jacket fillers from.............
smurf
WTD Rookie

Postby Glasgowbuddha » 03 Nov 2011, 11:41

Slightly confused here.........Original Post states cheapest place to get SIA.............

I had assumed "The Badge" the actual piece of plastic issued by the SIA......that upon completion of a short training course then takes almost 3 months to be processed........This delay is down to the SIA and them alone......How many people apply per month for registration......How many staff in SIA are dealing with new applications........Remember qualification and criminal records checks can take a while to come back.

As for the training itself......Off course it is inadequate................Like a driving licence is something I also liken to a martial art black belt.......you do a course of training and are then tested to see if you have covered the criteria and are ready to drive/wear black belt/work door .....You pass test,, doesn't make you a driver/martial artist/DS......only experience brings that...............

Too many kids are killed on the road because they have little experience of driving in certain scenarios.....too many DS get hurt on the door because they are not prepared for the unexpected.....Too many wannabe Jet Li's get hurt cause they think a black belt makes them superior.......

Training courses can not prepare you for the unexpected.......LIFE changes..........Buddhism/Taoism believe that we are not the same people we were when we were born....we are not the same people we were as children....we evolve and change.....the same can be said with driving a car/ working a door/ practicing a martial art.......hazards change and appear every second, what you do on Friday night you might not do on Saturday........

EXPERIENCE helps you understand and adapt to those changes....................

Somebody stop me I'm confusing myself now....................
One instant is eternity;
eternity is the now.
When you see through this one instant,
you see through the one who sees.
Glasgowbuddha
WTD Recruit

Postby Glasgowbuddha » 03 Nov 2011, 11:44

Do not mistake Confucius with confusion.....
One instant is eternity;
eternity is the now.
Glasgowbuddha
WTD Recruit

Postby genericbob » 04 Nov 2011, 15:22

Glasgowbuddha wrote:Do not mistake Confucius with confusion.....

Connie Francis?

Bob
I'm afraid Gentlemen that waving your arms about and calling me a c**t isn't going to make me change my mind.
genericbob
The Guvnor

Postby Glasgowbuddha » 07 Nov 2011, 08:35

Connie Francis....thats the one....thanks for clarifying the confusion Bob
One instant is eternity;
eternity is the now.
Glasgowbuddha
WTD Recruit

Previous