i say they have about 12 months left

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

i say they have about 12 months left

Postby ESM Ltd » 20 Mar 2011, 18:52

The Protection of Freedoms Bill was introduced into the House of Commons on 11 February 2011.

prohibiting wheel clamping – creating a new criminal offence to immobilise, move or prevent the movement of a vehicle without lawful authority. We are also changing the law so that parking providers and other landowners may seek to recover unpaid parking charges from the registered keeper of a vehicle

Gives them 12 months
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Re: i say they have about 12 months left

Postby ash11 » 06 Apr 2011, 19:27

It will be banned by April 2012 but there is a long line of companies that will take it though all the courts.

Also in the bill they have but keeper liability for the parking tickets from private companies with no cap on fees so they are swapping one form of enforcement for another.
Ash
ash11
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby JasonLeake » 19 Apr 2011, 14:50

So is it actually being banned then ?
Make A Pledge and Help Get Knives Of Britians Street
JasonLeake
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby ash11 » 19 Apr 2011, 14:54

JasonLeake wrote:So is it actually being banned then ?

Yea the government are fixed on banning wheel clamping, but the Big Wheel clamping firms have now joined up with massive housing & land associations and they are saying they will fight the ban though every court possible. So only time will tell?
Ash
ash11
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby JasonLeake » 19 Apr 2011, 15:01

It's just everything has gone quiet and still see then clamping,was going to get the licence myself lol
Make A Pledge and Help Get Knives Of Britians Street
JasonLeake
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby ash11 » 19 Apr 2011, 15:05

JasonLeake wrote:It's just everything has gone quiet and still see then clamping,was going to get the licence myself lol

I would wait before you apply for a VI licence to see what happens, if it does't get banned and I say IF in the smallest way possible there will be no money in the game any longer the fees will be caped, and the industry will be under the microscope big time.

We used to offer the service but its way to much hassle and after being petrol bombed and having a gun pulled on us we gave it up just not worth the hassle to be honest.
Ash
ash11
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby ESM Ltd » 20 Apr 2011, 18:48

Onlly 1 gun pfffffytttt lol only joking same reason i gave it up London i wore a vest 24/7 money was great nearly 2 grand a week (an that aint a bull) but it nearly cost me more as also was wrongfully arrested for kidnap and blackmail
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby ash11 » 20 Apr 2011, 18:58

Evo Training wrote:Onlly 1 gun pfffffytttt lol only joking same reason i gave it up London i wore a vest 24/7 money was great nearly 2 grand a week (an that aint a bull) but it nearly cost me more as also was wrongfully arrested for kidnap and blackmail

lol

Yep more of less the same script with the vest on 24/7 people following our Van back to the office :lol: :lol:

We used to get a loss of pressure off the local licensing sgt.
Ash
ash11
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby ESM Ltd » 27 Apr 2011, 12:42

Its getting closer are you getting ready for the new law

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/201 ... edoms.html
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby ash11 » 27 Apr 2011, 12:45

Evo Training wrote:Its getting closer are you getting ready for the new law

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/201 ... edoms.html

Yep, I wonder how all this I will turn out, Does't affect me in my job :mrgreen:
Ash
ash11
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby parajack » 13 Aug 2011, 12:53

Evo Training wrote:Onlly 1 gun pfffffytttt lol only joking same reason i gave it up London i wore a vest 24/7 money was great nearly 2 grand a week (an that aint a bull) but it nearly cost me more as also was wrongfully arrested for kidnap and blackmail

:roll: Evo mate we have danced to this tune before havnt we? and to be fair to you i know you have seen the error of your ways but wheel clamping is immoral irrespective of how much you earn per week....

in my opinion you may as well say i can earn 2 grand a week mugging people.......YES we know clamping is (currently) legal,IF carried out correctly by properly licenced individuals,on land that is CLEARLY marked,and signed.
it is however in the eyes of the majority of people on a par with mugging... :roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Postby ESM Ltd » 14 Aug 2011, 20:27

parajack wrote:

:roll: Evo mate we have danced to this tune before havnt we? and to be fair to you i know you have seen the error of your ways but wheel clamping is immoral irrespective of how much you earn per week....

in my opinion you may as well say i can earn 2 grand a week mugging people.......YES we know clamping is (currently) legal,IF carried out correctly by properly licenced individuals,on land that is CLEARLY marked,and signed.
it is however in the eyes of the majority of people on a par with mugging... :roll:

2 years ago i would of said rubbish etc but as we all know you are correct here Para in the above statement hence why i gave it up it is a legal form of mugging and the quicker its illegal the better
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Return to Security Related Discussion