look on the bright side....

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Re: look on the bright side....

Postby Coversure Insurance » 08 Sep 2010, 09:23

Hi PJ,

I think is is sometimes valuable to reflect on differing opinions...

Here is another example of what may happen...

My local Train Station has Local Council Car Parks in front but a Homebase is behind with a huge car park (currently max 2 hours stay) so what will happen after wheel clamping etc. is abolished.

another one,

Why not use a Out of Town Shopping Car Park when going on holiday for two weeks...it must end up cheaper than Airport Car Park Charges.

Cheers, Mark
Mark Barton Cert CII, CeRGI

RIP "Boz" WTD Moderator 1969 - 2009
Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Postby parajack » 08 Sep 2010, 16:10

Coversure Insurance wrote:Hi PJ,

I think is is sometimes valuable to reflect on differing opinions...

Here is another example of what may happen...

My local Train Station has Local Council Car Parks in front but a Homebase is behind with a huge car park (currently max 2 hours stay) so what will happen after wheel clamping etc. is abolished.

another one,

Why not use a Out of Town Shopping Car Park when going on holiday for two weeks...it must end up cheaper than Airport Car Park Charges.

Cheers, Mark

:shock: Mark,you cant polish a turd,your examples dont prove a thing at all,such issues were around LONG BEFORE the clampers got involved,A local budget supermarket chain for example have a member of staff in Rotherham monitoring their car park to prevent just such abuse,and challenging motorists who dont shop,it works for the most part,controls the problem,and creates a job for a local person.

So can we please lose the 'there is no other viable solution'rhetoric...?there are other ways to control unauthorised parking issuing staff with keys,locking carparks,having automated systyms installed with barriers that req a code to get out(given to staff,genuine customers)all systyms easily affordable by the bigger concerns,and used allready commonly in colleges .etc)

So Mark three answers to your Q posed there...

(1)Budget solution piece of chain and a lock(sign on wall please ring this number and a member of staff will let you in) for customers,key for staff.
(2) any number of automated systyms for the bigger players
(3) good old fashioned 'car park'attendent

:roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Postby Coversure Insurance » 08 Sep 2010, 16:16

On this occassion PJ I shall agree to disagree....
Mark Barton Cert CII, CeRGI

RIP "Boz" WTD Moderator 1969 - 2009
Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Previous

Return to Security Related Discussion