All Clamping On Private Land To Be Banned

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Re: All Clamping On Private Land To Be Banned

Postby Gemini » 18 Aug 2010, 17:18

I wonder how clampers will find work now. Assisting Councils, perhaps?

I have often wondered why vehicle immobolisation was regulated by the SIA because I wouldnt exactly class it as security.
Gemini
WTD Recruit

Postby hippy » 25 Aug 2010, 12:21

Gemini wrote:
I have often wondered why vehicle immobolisation was regulated by the SIA because I wouldnt exactly class it as security.

That doesn't seem to worry them... Would you class private investigation or precognition agents being 'security' either? I wouldn't really and neither would most of the people involved, but low and behold... The SIA are working on "the possible approaches for licensing"
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby parajack » 30 Aug 2010, 20:28

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Postby Gemini » 31 Aug 2010, 00:54

Refuse collectors will need them next because they are keeping the rubbish secure - you wait and see :mrgreen:
Gemini
WTD Recruit

Postby ESM Ltd » 31 Aug 2010, 18:00

There will still be enforcemant on private car parks there will be some way round it
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby andrewm » 31 Aug 2010, 18:12

I agree with Evo, there will always be some form of enforcement. I think ANPR distributors will be rolling in it as automated monitoring will be key to keeping cost low and still recovering money. (i.e. clampers rarely where charged to land owners).
andrewm

Postby ESM Ltd » 31 Aug 2010, 18:23

I personally believe that enforcement companys will use more collection agencys up the charge on tickets and admin etc.
I have already took enquirys for a new system on car parks were clampers already enforce and could if i was a bad person charge alot for tresspassing
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby parajack » 31 Aug 2010, 20:42

:shock: Treapass?well i thik that horse has long bolted Evo....look at threads on companies reying to enforce tickets that resemble fixed penalties but are anything but....totally unenforcable in court.....small claims court only where you would have to prove what loss(of income)you(the owner) had incurred.
No fines,add 'ons' OR penalties are allowed....not exactly ethical is it anyway in my view.... :roll:
Utrinque Paratus:RIP Ryan Joe Parry 15 killed in the sheffield floods,i think about you often son.
parajack
The Guvnor

Postby ESM Ltd » 01 Sep 2010, 07:36

parajack wrote::shock: Treapass?well i thik that horse has long bolted Evo....look at threads on companies reying to enforce tickets that resemble fixed penalties but are anything but....totally unenforcable in court.....small claims court only where you would have to prove what loss(of income)you(the owner) had incurred.
No fines,add 'ons' OR penalties are allowed....not exactly ethical is it anyway in my view.... :roll:

Thats if your ticketing Para
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby parajack » 06 Sep 2010, 18:27

clampingman wrote:statement from the Vehicle Immobilisers Association (VIA), a newly established Trade Association for Vehicle Immobilisers

A new trade association for the Vehicle Immobilising industry was established by a meeting of representatives of 26 companies on April 20, 2010. The companies present represented all areas of England and Wales. Representatives from of five of the companies, including two of the largest in the sector, were elected to form an executive committee to be responsible for establishing the Association. Michael Charman, who has been operating a parking control and clamping service in London and the South East for nearly 20 years, was elected as Chairman.

The Executive has written its Constitution which has been issued to all interested companies in the sector. They are in the process of completing the Vehicle Immobilisers Compliance Scheme, which gives a detailed and precise code of practise.

Michael Charman said –

“For the past 3 years the SIA have been organising 2 or 3 meetings a year which have acted as forums for the VI Sector. Although they were well attended, there seemed to be a lack of desire to take things any further. At the last meeting on March 16, there was a distinct change in attitude, probably as a result of being informed of the impending business licensing legislation. It was proposed that we should form our own association to properly represent the industry and help in the task of changing the image of the industry. I was invited to head the new association and a date was set for the first meeting a month later.

The meeting on April 20 was so well attended that we had to arrange for additional seating. Those present felt that although the Government and the BPA had tried to regulate the industry, it was not working as neither seemed to fully understand parking control on private land. It was agreed that the time had come to sort out the “rogue” elements by forming an association with a compliance scheme that would include a code of practise that would hopefully form part of the requirements for the intended business licensing. If any company was found to be in breach of the code, not only would they be required to leave the Association, but they would also forfeit their license to operate. The proposed code would be made available to the SIA, DVLA, BPA, RAC, AA and landowners for comment before it was finalised.

The announcement by Ms Featherstone has come as complete surprise. It would seem that one person has decided to make a decision in an attempt to commit the Government to a very controversial course of action, without consultation with private land owners or local councils. She has obviously not given any real thought to the mayhem such a ban would cause to housing estates, industrial estates, doctors surgeries and other areas of private land where the clamping of vehicles parked by people who have no consideration for the rights of the landowner has been a very necessary service for thousands of residents and tenants.

Everyone is in agreement that the current control of clamping and removal of vehicles on private land is inadequate, but the majority of companies have good working practices and are not “cowboys”. The fact that some companies have been charging such large amounts of money is because they could. Yes, it is immoral, but is that not indicative of society as a whole? People should also be reminded that the clamping companies have to pay 17.5% VAT on any revenue they receive.

The Association will continue to work to achieve its objectives. We are advising our members and landowners to lobby their MP’s to try and ensure that this proposal is not made statute or, at the very least, not before proper consultation is made with the people it will affect most, the private landowner, residents and the companies who carry out a genuine service for these people.”

:shock: Is that it?well sorry mate thats the biggest load of mesaly mouthed twaddle i have read in a long,long time,basically whilst ever clampers can go out and please themselves with little or no regulation no ones bothered....when they get wind that further regulations pending however.....

HALLELUYA PRAISE THE LORD,they have a conversion on the road to Damascus like ST Paul,'no you have got it wrong,we are misunderstood,think of all the poor people,LANDOWNERS,who will now be left at the mercy of the Great unwashed.....PATHETIC,in my view,the sooner the lot of you are stopped the better,and NO ONE will have the slightest sympathy for you....nor should they,so.....better get retraining...........Oh and if its understanding you want..well how much sympaty and understanding did YOUR industry show? you want...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :roll:
parajack
The Guvnor

Previous

Return to Security Related Discussion