something for the ladies

This section is for members to discuss topics in the Close Protection Sector.

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

something for the ladies

Postby ragdolly » 17 Apr 2010, 00:14

Thought Id post a link for any of the CP or DS ladies who might fancy some training with a difference. I was sent an invite through facebook and dont think its been advertised anywhere else. Its a female bodyguard course with Athena Academy, the first course of its kind authorised by the Israeli MOD, includes physical combat in Krav Maga taught by a master...oh and its also being televised by a reality TV show, thought I should mention that bit too.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 196&ref=mf
ragdolly
WTD Recruit

Re: something for the ladies

Postby noise stopper » 28 Apr 2010, 08:34

So it's not actually a serious course, it's a freak show, "look girls do this as well!" I did wonder.

Ian
http://www.adporta.co.uk
It takes more than good intentions and a big bloke on the door.
noise stopper
The Guvnor

Postby BigAvo » 28 Apr 2010, 09:52

Will the people who take part in this show be taken seriously in the profession when looking for work?
BigAvo

Postby ballantyne78 » 28 Apr 2010, 10:56

And, bearing in mind that most CP operatives are supposed to be discrete and in the background, wouldn't platering them all over the tv negate their effect anyway, as they run the risk of being recognised as "that Bodyguard bird off the telly".
We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!
ballantyne78
The Guvnor

Postby MartinSSI » 28 Apr 2010, 22:09

ragdolly wrote:Thought Id post a link for any of the CP or DS ladies who might fancy some training with a difference. I was sent an invite through facebook and dont think its been advertised anywhere else. Its a female bodyguard course with Athena Academy, the first course of its kind authorised by the Israeli MOD, includes physical combat in Krav Maga taught by a master...oh and its also being televised by a reality TV show, thought I should mention that bit too.

Is this Athena Academy anything to do with Zacc Barfield? if it is don't touch it with a barge pole as Barfield is a crook.
MartinSSI

Postby hippy » 30 Apr 2010, 09:48

MartinSSI wrote:
ragdolly wrote:Thought Id post a link for any of the CP or DS ladies who might fancy some training with a difference. I was sent an invite through facebook and dont think its been advertised anywhere else. Its a female bodyguard course with Athena Academy, the first course of its kind authorised by the Israeli MOD, includes physical combat in Krav Maga taught by a master...oh and its also being televised by a reality TV show, thought I should mention that bit too.

Is this Athena Academy anything to do with Zacc Barfield? if it is don't touch it with a barge pole as Barfield is a crook.

Eek.... Allegedly a crook.....

I do find the idea of an all female course somewhat odd.... Would I be allowed to run an all male course?
But sexisim aside, why run one? How many jobs on the circuit would be all female? Very, very few! So, in the interests of reality, surely the course should be open to all to??

As for being on TV.. Well that would put me off altogether... And not because I have the face for radio! Not due to the point raised by ballantyne as I'd guess this programme won't be watched by that many, but because I'd be worried about the standard of training that can be delivered while the course is being messed about by a TV crew.. If anyone on here has worked in that industry as I have, they will know that as soon as a TV crew is added to the mix, everything has to be altered to suit them... Thus endless interuptions and schedual changes... How is anyone supposed to learn under those circumstances?
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby Christina » 01 May 2010, 06:18

I did ask her a few questions about the course etc :
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=24311&p=262159&hilit=anthea#p262159
Christina
WTD Recruit

Postby AndyH » 14 May 2010, 18:50

When I did my first CP course in 1997 the women were treated the same as the guys, there was no treating them any different, if they got a hurt whilst training then tough. There were some good female cps came out of it too!

What is the point in an all women course??
AndyH
The Guvnor

Postby airborne_badger » 14 May 2010, 20:47

AndyH wrote:

Free publicity and a TV show?
airborne_badger
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby AndyH » 14 May 2010, 20:52

airborne_badger wrote:
AndyH wrote:

I bet they will be covering correct applying of make up as part of syllabus too!
AndyH
The Guvnor

Postby hippy » 17 May 2010, 13:01

AndyH wrote:
airborne_badger wrote:
AndyH wrote:

I bet they will be covering correct applying of make up as part of syllabus too!

Ooopps... Stand by Andy... If that doesn't instigate some direct fire on your position I don't know what will....
hippy

Postby hippy » 17 May 2010, 13:03

And isn't it somewhat wrong that an 'all female' course can be held? Can you imagine the outcry if 'all male' courses were being offered!!!!
hippy

Postby fozzy » 17 May 2010, 15:14

AndyH wrote:
airborne_badger wrote:
AndyH wrote:

if you need tips on how to apply eyeliner AndyH... ;)
fozzy
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby hippy » 17 May 2010, 15:16

fozzy wrote:if you need tips on how to apply eyeliner AndyH... ;)

It's ok fozzy... I understand he has it down to a fine art....
hippy

Postby fozzy » 17 May 2010, 15:16

hippy wrote:And isn't it somewhat wrong that an 'all female' course can be held? Can you imagine the outcry if 'all male' courses were being offered!!!!

yep, I don't see the benefit. if you're too scared to compete with men when you're training what on earth will you be like in the field?!
fozzy
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Next

Return to Close Protection