cp team medic emt

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

cp team medic emt

Postby dog handler » 09 Nov 2008, 13:09

hi ive bin working as a doorman for the last four years and a security dog handler for the last 9 months but im looking for a change would there be intrested in a cp team madic/emt with out me having to take the cp course iam also looking into taking the emergency response driving course
dog handler
WTD Rookie

Postby PAULSMITH » 09 Nov 2008, 13:14

So if you have been a dog handler and a doorman are you qualified to be a cp team medic?
PAULSMITH
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Re: cp team medic emt

Postby Boz » 09 Nov 2008, 13:23

dog handler wrote:intrested in a cp team madic/emt with out me having to take the cp course

Computer says no.
Boz

Postby ESM Ltd » 09 Nov 2008, 18:05

Boz wrote:
dog handler wrote:intrested in a cp team madic/emt with out me having to take the cp course

Computer says no.

In the Uk
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby spoomo » 09 Nov 2008, 19:09

Evo Training wrote:
Boz wrote:

Computer says no.

In the Uk

??

Whats that mate?

Dog Handler, please explain to us how being a DS and a DH qualifies you to work CP?
spoomo
The Guvnor

Postby Boz » 10 Nov 2008, 00:13

Evo Training wrote:
Boz wrote:

Computer says no.

In the Uk

Sorry mate, a lot of the PMC boys oversees NEED a CP licence hence why the likes of Clearwater do a 14 day course so that they can get their licence before gaining emploment/whilst on leave.
Boz

Postby Marty » 10 Nov 2008, 08:29

Indeed Boz

Almost all the companies are now asking for the SIA license these days even for overseas work.

If you want to do CP as an EMT/ Medic at home or abroad I would advise taking the SIA compliant training and becoming licensed.

The courses are not necessarily all that expensive, especially if you are willing to pay for response driving and the necessary medical quals to work as a team medic.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
Marty
WTD Rookie

Postby PAULSMITH » 10 Nov 2008, 10:08

Obviously doing a CP course can get you a slot as a body on a team/RST but surely to be a cp team medic you need experience as a medic not just a medics course?

Also, obviously there are dedicated medics on PSD in hostile environments but do cp teams in UK/passive locations have a dedicated medic?

And seen as the bloke is already a dog handler will that be of any use on an RST for example? Im thinking not on a team but on a static RST possibly.

Dog-handler do you have mil experience? I came across a few dog handlers in Iraq working for Aegis.
PAULSMITH
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby airborne_badger » 10 Nov 2008, 10:34

[quote="Marty"]Indeed Boz

Almost all the companies are now asking for the SIA license these days even for overseas work.

[quote]

Marty I have to disagree with you there.

First let discuss Iraq:

The only company I know of that insists on SIA Badge is CRs FCO contract (One hand washes the other). The other main players out there could not care less, this is because the majority of clients are American and have not even heard of the SIA much less give a shite what they think.

That is not to say that lots of blokes don’t have there CP badges most do, as they have done a course or refresher that entitles them to it. Lots also do bits and pieces during leave when in the UK.

Africa:

Most of the ‘legitimate’ work here is either Oil or mining based, and again SIA badges are irrelevant.

Asia:

Not worked over there so not really in a place to comment, however, I can’t imagine that the SIA ‘sphere of influence’ extends that far.
airborne_badger
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby K9_WorkingTheDoors » 14 Nov 2008, 03:16

Boz wrote:

Computer says no.

hahahaahahaha :))
K9_WorkingTheDoors
WTD Recruit

Return to Security Related Discussion