Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Do you rate female door supervisors???

yes
85%
no
15%

Total votes : 204

Postby Mojo » 02 Aug 2008, 03:27

I asked this question to the guy i was working with tonight and his attitude was females shouldn't work the door as they might get hurt :shock:
I was like, 'so could we?' and his answer was 'yes, but we're blokes'
I do understand the primal instinct that a male should protect a female, but i've worked with some top girls on the doors and they've done the team proud.
It's a very old attitude that certain genders shouldn't do certain jobs. :roll:
It's a job not an ego boost!
Mojo
The Guvnor

Postby manc_matt » 02 Aug 2008, 13:22

Mojo wrote:It's a very old attitude that certain genders shouldn't do certain jobs.

My opinion is that women should be allowed to work the doors providing they're at the same standard as their male counterparts and willing to be injured. I for one won't be shedding an extra tear (if she's hurt) because it's a women, if she chooses to work then she risks getting injured. That's equality.

Women cannot do every job though, it's physiologically impossible and one of the reasons that the military don't allow them in front-line combat roles..
The views contained herein are my own and don't represent those of my current or past employer(s).
manc_matt
The Guvnor

Postby Theclickersarefkd » 02 Aug 2008, 15:34

By and large I rate their people skills, obviously they're ability to deal with females fighting, the fact that their presence in a row can diffuse things because pissed blokes will concede to a woman without feeling like they're losing face unless they resist or kick off, and the security from nasty accusations and assistance they provide on occassions when you have to carry the naked from the waist down, puke covered, ko munter from the female toilets.

I also like the variation in conversation they provide and the fact that they are infinatley more reliable than men.

I think that unfortunatley for females though they are often seen as a luxury item often used on larger teams, and when cuts are made they may suffer. I suspect there would be a mentality amongst head doormen that if your teams shrinking from 8 to 5 then the 5 who are staying will be 20 stone with rolls on the back of their head - you know, "propa booncas" as things get reduced to brass tacks - ie, Who's most likely to come out of a full scale kick off in one piece/and , or save me from a kicking in a team of reduced strength, so maybe its not the best time for the ladies on the doors at the moment.
And I said to myself , this is the business we've chosen .
Theclickersarefkd
The Guvnor

Postby Tabbing Machine » 02 Aug 2008, 15:41

manc_matt wrote:
Mojo wrote:It's a very old attitude that certain genders shouldn't do certain jobs.

My opinion is that women should be allowed to work the doors providing they're at the same standard as their male counterparts and willing to be injured. I for one won't be shedding an extra tear (if she's hurt) because it's a women, if she chooses to work then she risks getting injured. That's equality.

Women cannot do every job though, it's physiologically impossible and one of the reasons that the military don't allow them in front-line combat roles..

You beat me too it
THE AIRBORNE PAIN TRAIN

P Company is the Airborne equivalent of NATURAL SELECTION
The fit, robust and adaptable soldiers will pass.
The slow, weak and injury prone will fail.
Tabbing Machine
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby caz » 02 Aug 2008, 16:25

Tabbing Machine wrote:
manc_matt wrote:

You beat me too it

Nobody was disputing that.

manc_matt wrote:My opinion is that women should be allowed to work the doors providing they're at the same standard as their male counterparts and willing to be injured.

And most women would be happy with that opinion.
because, shut up, thats why.
caz
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby manc_matt » 02 Aug 2008, 18:45

I think the deployment of DS is subjective.

If the clientèle were all-male, e.g. gay night, then I believe it should be exclusively male DS. The reverse obviously rings true.

I don't know of any nightclubs that are always exclusively single sex occupancy, some run 'women only nights' etc. whereas other smaller bars sometimes employ a majority male/female rule.

Therefore in the mainstream licensed sector women are needed, if only to search other females and remove them from the venue. I'm not saying this should be the case, if it was then I'd expect them to be paid a reduced rate (fewer tasks, less money), but I ask that anyone who thinks that women arbitrarily shouldn't be employed on grounds of sex consider this.
The views contained herein are my own and don't represent those of my current or past employer(s).
manc_matt
The Guvnor

Postby Firebird_2 » 02 Aug 2008, 20:17

I have worked with some really good female door staff, both as a GM and a door supervisor.... however, whilst at Showsec, the majority of the JF that I worked with were female (certainly in the Cardiff office)...
Firebird_2
The Guvnor

Postby caz » 03 Aug 2008, 07:53

ptg wrote:I have worked with some really good female door staff, both as a GM and a door supervisor.... however, whilst at Showsec, the majority of the JF that I worked with were female (certainly in the Cardiff office)...

Having worked with showsec i'll second that.
because, shut up, thats why.
caz
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby trikerchick » 04 Aug 2008, 18:27

Claire Bear wrote:
Boz wrote:Claire sweetheart, you can join my gang anyday - as will others who have worked with her will vouch.

I have said before that a female will always have to try ten times harder to prove themselves or be taken seriously in place of a man and if she does have a no nonsense attitude and can roll with the boys she is immediately classed a butch lesbian so its a no win situation.

Ahh thanks for the compliment Boz :oops: :D

ive said it before in my experience us ladies need to prove ourselves time and time again throughout our careers, so that our new male colleagues dont think we are soft..(im a softie really just can pack a mean punch) :wink:

But then again when i get a young lad on the doors not weighing much more than 10st and looking all sweet and innocent i often find myself wary, and wondering what they are capable of...if anything! So i guess it happens to men and women.

PS been called a lesbian far to many times!! My reply.... im bisexual actually.... or ... pussies are great arent they?!! ....or bet i could pull more women than you in an evening buddy.

well said there!
trikerchick
WTD Recruit

Postby Darren » 05 Aug 2008, 18:29

i work along side our very own mod Donna and have to say she is the mutts nuts :D .
totally reliable and professional never misses a bloody thing , shes always watching my back and i,m always watching hers and her front :shock: :wink: :oops:
Darren
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby postman » 05 Aug 2008, 18:58

:lol: worked with one who was as hard as any male D/S, but could use that feminine charm to great affect too.
:? always one of the first in to action :roll:

currently working with two great females on Saturday night loads of fun, but know when it's time to get stuck in get their hands dirty :!: :!:
feminine but not ones to let punters mess with them :twisted:
As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Trent foaming with much blood"
postman
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Location: Should be in a padded cell with a straightjacket on!!

Postby Kieran » 06 Aug 2008, 03:40

Used to work quite regularly with three female DS's in Bristol: they all taught me a few things, were more capable than many of the males I worked with and were specifically requested by plenty of venues. At my current place there are two regular females, one of whom is ex-police and is easily the most valuable member of the team.
Yes, I only work nightclub doors because I'm too stupid to do any other job. That's exactly what it says on my certificates from my LLB and my LPC.
Kieran
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby dukey109 » 24 Aug 2008, 17:20

i dont see the problem working with femal d/s i used to work with a women when i first started at a pub and she was very good at the job she could talk people out and if needed she could take out the men aswell she was only 5ft but she was very good at the restraints and in trainner made me eat the carpet afew times and i was 1ft taller than her. But i also worked at a club where the manager would not let women work there even tho the women i worked with was better than some of the blokes at the club
dukey109
WTD Rookie

Postby Double L » 25 Aug 2008, 06:45

dukey109 wrote:i dont see the problem working with femal d/s i used to work with a women when i first started at a pub and she was very good at the job she could talk people out and if needed she could take out the men aswell she was only 5ft but she was very good at the restraints and in trainner made me eat the carpet afew times and i was 1ft taller than her. But i also worked at a club where the manager would not let women work there even tho the women i worked with was better than some of the blokes at the club
:shock: :shock: :oops:
Please don't make me angry
you won't like me when I'm angry
Double L
WTD Head Door Supervisor

female D/S

Postby russ wood » 27 Nov 2008, 12:42

I've worked with Female Firefighters, and if they can join another male dominated profession and prove there worth, then perhaps they should be allowed to join the frontline troops, or are certain sections of the armed forces afraid of being shown up or proved embarassingly wrong,I wonder?. I was proved wrong about Female firefighters, but also being old school and a real man not afraid to stand up and admit I was wrong, perhaps some amongst us should take a look at females in the last war, before writing them all off as the weaker sex, and not up to the job, and eliteists feel the same pain we all do.........Kato.... 8)
"Save a mouse, eat more Pussy"campaign manager.
AKA, KATO N.D.S.A Member.
russ wood
WTD Door Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Security Related Discussion