CHRISTMAS 2011

Door Supervisor Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

CHRISTMAS 2011

Postby danny56o » 06 Nov 2011, 19:44

Hi there ladies and gents I dont often start topics but was just thinking.
Does anyone think christmas will be worse for incidents this year as we have the friday night everyone out on the lash and then the xmas eve on saturday
thoughts and opinions would be good to hear
Adapt and overcome
danny56o
The Guvnor

Re: CHRISTMAS 2011

Postby karlbee » 06 Nov 2011, 19:49

I think black friday will be as eventfull as ever but Sat will be quieter than a normal Sat night. Hope everyone is getting double time after midnight Sat ?
Any fool can make money,a clever man knows how to keep it. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.
karlbee

Postby Oneilboy » 06 Nov 2011, 19:52

Same s**t different year really. Never seems to change
Oneilboy
The Guvnor

Postby Kevo » 06 Nov 2011, 20:09

Last Christmas was quite really, The snow and ice stopped a lot of people from getting around except for the big nights ( Stephens day = boxing day and NYE )
I still got a lot of extra hours but less crowds which was great 8)
We used always have a lot of christmas parties in various hotels which were handy gigs but employers have stopped paying out for these so the town centres will prob be busy on the lead up to Xmas weather dependant.
I cant see the violence being much worse but will just have to wait and see.
Kevo
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby danny56o » 06 Nov 2011, 20:49

I was thinking the saturday might be worse due to people having all day to spend in the pub if they wanted. But then if they go mad friday night they will probably all have hangovers and not surface till the evening only time will tell
Adapt and overcome
danny56o
The Guvnor

Postby karlbee » 06 Nov 2011, 20:58

danny56o wrote:I was thinking the saturday might be worse due to people having all day to spend in the pub if they wanted. But then if they go mad friday night they will probably all have hangovers and not surface till the evening only time will tell

Facing a large turkey dinner and family is hard enough, even worse with a hangover :lol: . Xmas and new year hasnt fallen well this year for the pub trade, much better mid week. We have 7 large xmas parties to do on the run up to xmas, at each one we get a xmas dinner, by the 25th i am sick of turkey and have xmas songs ringing in my ears.
Any fool can make money,a clever man knows how to keep it. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.
karlbee

Postby doorsupervisor1990 » 14 Nov 2011, 03:02

Last year was quiet for both christmas and new year i found, halloween was busyer if you ask me i think this was due to the fact Scotland had the worst snow in years and many people just couldnt be bothered with it so never bothered with town. Black friday was like every black friday if im honest. But all in all i enjoyed both christmas and new year on the doors its a fun time so im looking forward to it this year (just not the coldness if that snow returnes!) lol.
doorsupervisor1990
WTD Recruit

Return to Door Supervisors