headcams

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

headcams

Postby clampingman » 24 Feb 2010, 21:08

Do u have to have a cctv sia license if u aint looking at what you have recorded it seems to be a grey area
clampingman
WTD Rookie

Re: headcams

Postby Mattsmith1990 » 24 Feb 2010, 21:18

You don't need CCTV at all.
Dirt cheap supps
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
Use the code MP289315 when signing up and ordering.
Mattsmith1990
The Guvnor

Postby andrewm » 25 Feb 2010, 01:15

You don't need a PSS CCTV licence for this activity, you do however need to hold an SIA licence. (you obviously will as a clamper)
andrewm

Postby jaktlad » 25 Feb 2010, 01:55

no you dont. the wearer of the headcam is nothing more than a moving image recorder, juat like any other camera in the premises. the fact that you are recording is already covered under the venues data protection certificate, and signage stating that cctv is in operation. the user should not have immediate access to the dvr though, as this could be tampered with and recorded over etc if they film something dodgy. the lawmate systems are good, as they are all passowrd protected etc.
jaktlad
The Guvnor

Postby clampit » 17 Apr 2010, 10:44

jaktlad wrote:no you dont. the wearer of the headcam is nothing more than a moving image recorder, juat like any other camera in the premises. the fact that you are recording is already covered under the venues data protection certificate, and signage stating that cctv is in operation. the user should not have immediate access to the dvr though, as this could be tampered with and recorded over etc if they film something dodgy. the lawmate systems are good, as they are all passowrd protected etc.

how would the law stand on a cam mounted in the vehicle whilst clamping seems to be another grey area.
clampit
WTD Rookie

Postby jaktlad » 17 Apr 2010, 12:22

that may be different, and im not sure. with a head cam, your covered under the venue data protection, and their signage is sufficient to cover you. if it was on a vehicle, your filming public on public space really, so i dont know how this stands.
jaktlad
The Guvnor

Postby ballantyne78 » 17 Apr 2010, 19:27

Could be wrong but I believe you may film in a public space, without garnering the consent of those that may be filmed. The fact that it is a "Public" space covers this. People cannot object to being photographed or filmed in an area where privacy may not reasonably be expected, ie on the street, a festival site etc. Bit different in a private space, such as a shop or nightclub.

If you wanted to cover yourself, I'd imagine that chucking some signage on your van, informing people that it possesses recording equipment ought to be sufficient.
We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!
ballantyne78
The Guvnor

Postby Coversure Insurance » 17 Apr 2010, 20:41

I am in the throws of becoming a distributor of head cams... via www.bwse.co.uk initially for our clients and also for people to use for filming them whilst Mountain Biking, Horse Riding, Track Day's etc.

Prices and Products at RoboCam are being reviewed at the moment so the shop is temporarily closed....

Above advice seems to cover your question well from my understanding...I am sure that whoever supplied your equipment can provide the exact information you need.

For more info visit http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations ... /cctv.aspx and you may also need http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/dat ... ation.aspx

And you may also need a Consumer Credit Licence as a wheel clamper / Parking Enforcement Operative, Vehicle Immobiliser.....http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resour ... t-licence/
Mark Barton Cert CII, CeRGI

RIP "Boz" WTD Moderator 1969 - 2009
Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Postby ESM Ltd » 20 Apr 2010, 21:13

Why would a clamper need a consumer credit licence
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby Coversure Insurance » 20 Apr 2010, 21:47

Evo Training wrote:Why would a clamper need a consumer credit licence

I don't know...maybe if you take staged payments for a fine which becomes a debt? I am not an expert in these matters but just know it exists....

Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Postby ESM Ltd » 20 Apr 2010, 21:53

Coversure Insurance wrote:

I don't know...maybe if you take staged payments for a fine which becomes a debt? I am not an expert in these matters but just know it exists....

It exist with who ?
im confused now are you saying there are companys out there in the clamping industry that take staged paymants
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Postby Coversure Insurance » 20 Apr 2010, 22:01

Evo Training wrote:
Coversure Insurance wrote:

It exist with who ?
im confused now are you saying there are companys out there in the clamping industry that take staged paymants

1. The CCL exists
2. Not to my knowledge

Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Postby ESM Ltd » 20 Apr 2010, 22:09

Yes the CCL exsist but advising people on here that being a clamper you may need one is wrong information
ESM Ltd
The Guvnor

Return to Security Related Discussion