being made redundant - Well i was just about to be!

Security Guarding Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

being made redundant - Well i was just about to be!

Postby IDS » 18 Jan 2010, 15:00

Well i was about to be made redundant in 4 weeks time so I left. They were going to do a selection thing based on scoring with attendance, time keeping, qualification held, and so on. I asked a few questions during the meeting and things just were not going to go my way.

Q. How do you score on the qualifications part of the selection sheet?

A. Well for instance if you hold a SIA Door supervisor badge then this will not be relevant to the job although it covers the job.

That’s nailed it for me. As 2 other guards hold CCTV and they would be getting more points for this. I know CCTV plays more of a part in security guarding than Door supervision, so there for CCTV qualifications would score more. What do you think?

Also another problem i had was - I had taken some days of in 2008/09 due to being a carer for a family member with serve mantel health issues. i had a letter from key workers & doctors stating this, i give it to my previous employer they were sympathetic to my situation. I asked this new employer if they were aware of my situation, i was told they have no knowledge of it, and that they would be looking into my previous employers attendance records. So that put the nail on the coffin. Have i done the right thing i ponder????

Cheers
I AM THE SWORD OF MY FAMILY AND SHIELD OF MY NATION, IF SENT I WILL CRUSH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BUILT, BURN ALL THAT YOU LOVE, AND KILL EVERY ONE OF YOU
IDS
The Guvnor

Re: being made redundant - Well i was just about to be!

Postby Mattsmith1990 » 18 Jan 2010, 15:04

I would of only walked when I found a new job.
At the end of the day its still money.
Dirt cheap supps
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
Use the code MP289315 when signing up and ordering.
Mattsmith1990
The Guvnor

Postby IDS » 18 Jan 2010, 15:23

Sorry i should have added, I have my Door shifts, aswell as a new job with another company nights monday to friday. Still have my weekends to do my Door. Also i have been at this work place for 18 months so i was not intitled to any redunancay money.
I AM THE SWORD OF MY FAMILY AND SHIELD OF MY NATION, IF SENT I WILL CRUSH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BUILT, BURN ALL THAT YOU LOVE, AND KILL EVERY ONE OF YOU
IDS
The Guvnor

Postby leither » 18 Jan 2010, 16:31

you should have waited a little more, fought your side, then if you werent happy walk after they paid someone else off ;)

but if you have enough work elsewhere then i wouldnt worry too much about it
leither
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby Coversure Insurance » 18 Jan 2010, 23:01

Yep...all too late now...a waste of energy and emotion...just move on and make the most of your new opportunities based on your gut feelings/reactions...as you say...you had nothing to lose but have been lucky enough to still be earning a living.... the past is the past...the future is where it is at.....
Mark Barton Cert CII, CeRGI

RIP "Boz" WTD Moderator 1969 - 2009
Coversure Insurance
Site Sponsor

Postby andrewm » 19 Jan 2010, 09:41

They could have been pulling a bluffing game as you could easily have argued unfair process. By leaving unfortunately they cannot be held accountable as they were probably waiting for someone to quit, thus negating the need for the process!

Let me know if your really stuck for work - we have start moving into your area (sort of!)
andrewm

Return to Security Guarding