Anyone worked retail security with Co-Op before??

Security Guarding Discussion

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

Postby Mike123 » 13 Apr 2012, 21:33

Just want to know what they are like towards shoplifters, are they another spot and deter type of supermarket or do they like there guards making arrests and actually doing something??

Got a call this morning inviting me to an interview next week, i currently have a job which i only started a few days ago so if they expect there guards to stand by the entrance for 12 hours, it's not for me :cry:
Mike123
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Re: Anyone worked retail security with Co-Op before??

Postby Stevew » 14 Apr 2012, 03:57

dont work for them however i have arrested a few shoplifters for my local co.

they work on if its a deter then its a deter but if their going for it then so are you, so in other words if you can deter someone then do so but if they want the theft your having an arrest.

dont know whats on paper though thats just how things work when i catch someone for them.

usually ends up in a niht in the cell for my detain and a bottle coming my way for my efforts :lol:

hope this helps

stevie
Do you know who i am?
Do you know who i know?
1 Phone call and i'll have a squad down here!!!!!
Really?
Stevew
WTD Door Supervisor

Postby danny56o » 14 Apr 2012, 06:38

The security guy in my local co op is usaully stacking shelves or some other shop related task not involving security. :shock:
Adapt and overcome
danny56o
The Guvnor

Postby BennyJames28 » 14 Apr 2012, 07:04

It will most likely be to act mainly as a deterrent, but if you catch somebody red handed (and most likely have SCONE evidence) then make the arrest, or at the very least get the goods back and bar the suspect from the store.
BennyJames28
WTD Recruit

Postby Mike123 » 14 Apr 2012, 18:08

Managed to speak to one of there guards today and they seem to like arrests rather then deter according to him, and they use civil recovery instead of prosecuting as much as possible.

He said they even have a leader board each month with how many shoplifters there guards have caught and if you catch a quite a few, you get a pay rise
Mike123
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Postby hippy » 21 Apr 2012, 11:51

I know a couple of regional investigators. Their time seems to spent looking at internal issues, rather than external, so from that, I'll go out on a limb and say...

You will have to be making arrests as there is no one else to, cause the plain clothed guys are looking at you!
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby Gemini » 31 May 2012, 22:40

danny56o wrote:The security guy in my local co op is usaully stacking shelves or some other shop related task not involving security. :shock:

That's made my night reading that :lol:
Gemini
WTD Recruit

Postby Rampage-83 » 01 Jun 2012, 01:46

What area i left coop about 3 years ago after tupeing over from 3rd party to go in house to what they called aegis they have you stood at door my shifts were usually 2 - 10
Rampage-83
WTD Rookie

Postby m6aey » 05 Jun 2012, 19:33

Our local Coop man is a legend, crap on a shop watch radio, likes to get a bit love thy neighbour on the two way.

Have seen him evict an old gal once but actual crime prevention? He's there in case of but I'm not sure what the case is...
"Calm down mate, I'm only trying to help. Now tell me again; whose been trying to steal your dreams?"
m6aey
WTD Head Door Supervisor

Return to Security Guarding