France and French riviera

This section is to discuss anything related to the Security Industry

Moderators: Bulldog, Big Paul, karlbee, hippy, Door Bitch, Boz

France and French riviera

Postby daithi m » 29 Jan 2012, 15:10

Anybody know what the scene is like in France at the minute for close protection? Is there much work to be had? Also on an unrelated question does anybody know where you can do firearms training and how much?

Thanks
Dave
daithi m
WTD Rookie

Re: France and French riviera

Postby will2574 » 29 Jan 2012, 20:34

Ronan, South Africa and its around £3500 for everything
will2574
WTD Rookie

Postby daithi m » 29 Jan 2012, 20:42

Plus flight costs too yeah? I guess its worth it in the end. And do you know what the law is if say, you were in a country where close protection officers are allowed weapons, i mean do the employers tend to provide the weapons or do you bring your own
daithi m
WTD Rookie

Postby will2574 » 29 Jan 2012, 22:58

The price that ronin quote is "inclusive", so your flights, food and accommodation and transfers are all included. You still need to apply for your CP badge though on top of that, that's the only thing that's not included in the price. Every CP Company I've heard of give you your fire arms, primary and secondary fire arms.

I'm not slagging off UK based CP courses, but I think the best places you can get trained is in SA or Israel. The UK isn't really a hostile environment. The price of a CP course in the UK is coming down and down, thus opening the market to unsuitable candidates to CP. SA and Israel courses do not carry anyone through the course, if you struggle to keep up or don't learn... you will fail.

Just my advice though mate, no doubt someone will know better and tell you just to do the UK one. Good luck with it though mate
will2574
WTD Rookie

Postby hippy » 01 Feb 2012, 08:12

Yes there is work in Franch, but most of it is tied up by local security teams.

Er, not sure how you think as a UK based bod, how you are going to take your own weapons systems to France?
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
hippy

Postby noise stopper » 01 Feb 2012, 08:58

hippy wrote:Yes there is work in Franch, but most of it is tied up by local security teams.

Er, not sure how you think as a UK based bod, how you are going to take your own weapons systems to France?

HALO insertion under the cover of darkness before linking up with the Maquis, always worked for my dad's mob! (mind you the french don't really do resistance anymore!)
It takes more than good intentions and a big bloke on the door.
noise stopper
The Guvnor

Postby hippy » 01 Feb 2012, 09:01

noise stopper wrote:
hippy wrote:Yes there is work in Franch, but most of it is tied up by local security teams.

HALO insertion under the cover of darkness before linking up with the Maquis, always worked for my dad's mob! (mind you the french don't really do resistance anymore!)

There you go.. Another short fall in the SIA cp requirements.. HALO training clearly needed to allow cp staff to get their weapons from the UK (where they aren't allowed them in the first place) into France, where they are unlikely to be granted a licence to have them anyway..
hippy

Postby karlbee » 01 Feb 2012, 10:08

I have a contact in Brussels, he can get you and weapons flown in to the South of France, his name is Plastic Bertrand, just ask for ca plane pour moi :lol: :lol: a joke for the older members 8)
Seriously though, as I have said before put yourself in the shoes of the person requiring CP, in France would you be happy with inexperienced staff with French as a second language or a experienced local CP team.
Any fool can make money,a clever man knows how to keep it. Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.
karlbee

Postby hippy » 01 Feb 2012, 10:13

Exactlly Karl. People who have a full time detail (be it one man or a ten man team) will obviously travel with their team and will, more often than not employ a number of local staff, especialy in the driving roles. However if you have security on an 'as and when' basis, as do the majority of clients, then you will, almost always, employ locals..
hippy

Return to Security Related Discussion