Char Bow said she was refused re-admission to 42nd Street Nightclub in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday and was worried about going home without her friends
Char Bow said she was refused re-admission to 42nd Street Nightclub in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday.
Worried about going home without her friends, she claims she was told “nobody in their right mind would rape a fat girl” like her.
Char shared the story on Facebook and sparked a series of allegations from other clubbers.
The 19-year-old music business student wrote: “Hello all in Manchester, tonight in 42nd Street Nightclub I was told I was ‘too fat and ugly’ to worry about being left to get a taxi on my own.
“[A bouncer] forbid me from going back inside when everyone else was allowed back in.
“I asked one of the bouncers to help me back inside so I could find my friends [he] laughed at me saying I’d be ‘fine in a taxi’ and that ‘nobody in their right mind would rape a fat girl like me’.”
She went on: “I am absolutely disgusted with the way I was treated tonight and encourage everyone to boycott 42s!”
She added: “I was completely disgusted with the way I was treated tonight and see this as a clear example of prejudice.
“@42 street nightclub feel free to supply any CCTV of me being ‘violent’ towards bouncers as everyone else who was the way more hostile than me was let in.”
The post has been met with outrage by fellow social media users.
Molly Malone wrote: “They were totally out of order and the management need to sort it! They should keep everyone safe. If they won’t let you back in they should have found your friends anyway. Disgusting.”
Another social media user added: “Not the first time I hear girls being brought to tears at 42 by security. Can we have some explanation why we keep on hearing stories like above? Any managers who would like to explain?”
42nd Street responded to Char’s post, saying: “Hi Char. I’ve read your post about your incident at the club.
“I’m the general manager and your account of want happened doesn’t match what I saw and heard. You were refused entry several times as you were too drunk.
“I can see how upset this has made but you’ve made some serious accusations about how what my door team said to you and I’d like to talk to you further about it.”
Char insisted she was happy to speak with the club and would be seeking out CCTV to verify her story.
Char later claimed the bouncer involved had been sacked.
She updated her status saying: “I have spoken to the general manager who has taken action against the bouncer in question.
“He will no longer be able to work at any other venue or club as security staff.
“Other staff members backed my account and there was enough evidence to prove I was telling the truth.
“The club will be issuing me with a written statement to confirm what action has been taken.”
The club has also since posted on Facebook: “We are aware of an incident that happened this weekend. Having investigated it, we have found that the behaviour of a member of staff fell well below the standard we expect and this person has been dismissed.
“We apologise wholeheartedly to anybody that has been adversely affected by this person’s behaviour.”
Source – Daily Star