This is the terrifying moment a cash security guard was attacked with an axe by masked robbers.
The video shows the security guard close a petrol station gate behind him before the gang barged through it and marched him into a back office.
There, he was attacked with an axe and left with a fractured cheekbone as the gang screamed for money to be handed over.
The thugs escaped with £75,000 and the shaken worker was left so traumatised that he later resigned.
Ashley Bell, Marcus Cohen and Thomas Bruce took part in the terrifying raid.
They were also linked to two other armed robberies across the Midlands during which workers were tied up and threatened with a crowbar.
The trio, joined by another man, Connor Sanderson, struck on March 6 last year at Texaco on Black Prince Avenue in Cheylesmore.
As well as the terrifying body worn video, CCTV footage shows how Charlene Shaw, then Cohen’s partner, acted as a lookout, keeping an open phone line to him before, during and after the raid.
She was in a car parked outside the garage monitoring the guards’ movements.
After the gang struck, she even ran in to the garage to offer the workers and the guards help.
In reality, she was secretly hoping to pick up on what information the police would gather in the immediate aftermath of the robbery.
Five members of the six strong gang have now been convicted of their crimes and have begun prison sentences totalling nearly 60 years.
Two remain to be sentenced while one member, from the Radford area, remains on the run.
The members of the gang, their offences, and sentences, where passed, are listed below.
- Marcus Cohen, aged 39 of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob, as well as a house burglary in Cheylesmore, and handling cigarettes stolen from a burglary at Asda in Cheylesmore on March 3 last year. He was jailed for 21 years at Warwick Crown Court on August 1 and is now classed as a dangerous offender.
- Ashley Bell, aged 33, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob, and the same handling charge. He was jailed for 22 years and is also a dangerous offender. He and Cohen have previously been convicted of taking part in a serious wounding together.
- Connor Sanderson, aged 21, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob, and a house burglary in Cheylesmore, as well as the handling charge. He was jailed for 14 years.
- Thomas Bruce, aged 29, of no fixed address, was found guilty of conspiracy to rob and will be sentenced on August 28.
- Charlene Shaw, aged 39, of Allen Close, Hinckley was found guilty of conspiracy to rob and will be sentenced on the same day.
- Scott Bowman, aged 29, of Radford in Coventry , is wanted for questioning as part of the same series of incidents.
DCI Ronan Tyrer, of West Midlands ROCU, said: “This was a really violent gang, whose members were really well known in the Cheylesmore area.
“The body worn video speaks for itself and shows just how awful this ordeal was.
“They used high levels of violence to get what they wanted, with a total disregard for their victims.
“Those victims have recovered from their physical injuries, but their ordeals have had a lasting effect.
“Some fantastic police work built a really strong case, and goes to show how ROCU operates around the region to bring some of the Midlands’ most dangerous criminals to justice.
“The length of the sentences should send a strong message to those involved in organised crime that they can expect to spend many years in prison when we catch them.”
Anyone with information about Bowman’s whereabouts should get in touch via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk between 8am and midnight, call 101 anytime, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Source – Coventry Telegraph